Class of 2026
Countdown to first day of medical school:
August 1, 2022
Information coming soon.
- First Day of School - August 1, 2022
- White Coat Ceremony - August 5, 2022
- Student Clinician Ceremony - April 2024
- Match Day - March 2026
- Graduation - May 2026
Please note, these event dates may change as needed.
Before You Arrive
Complete the following items prior to arriving on August 1st. Keep checking this page, as more tasks will be added to this list as they become available. Note that some items have due dates by Friday, July 15th.
Link your University Account to your SOM Account. This is your first task.
Login to your SOM email. (Supported mobile devices)
Login to SURFS and add/update your contact info.
Include a home email address, emergency contact info, phone number, and both permanent and mailing addresses (even if they are the same).
- Due by Friday, July 15th: Complete the Photo and Name Recording Form. Click here to check photo requirements before accessing the form.
Complete HIPAA 125 Training
Complete the OSHA Respirator Questionnaire form. (Mandatory - Student Health)
COVID Vaccination or Exemption Requirements
- Due by Friday, July 15th:
Choose a FERPA disclosure status in your MedScope student portfolio.
Important details and deadlines for the August 5th White Coat Ceremony.
Complete the AAMC MSQ
Required Laptop Specs
- Devices (REQUIRED by Exam Software)
- Traditional Windows Laptops (Lenovo/Dell/HP), Surface Pro / MacBook
- Devices (NOT Supported by Exam Software)
- Tablets/iPads/ASUS Laptops with touchpad/touchscreen / NON-Pro Surface devices / Chromebooks
- Operating System
- Windows 10 21H2 or Windows 11
- Mac OS v10.15 (Catalina) or higher (Big Sure OS11, Monterey OS12)
- Memory 8gb or higher
- Hard drive: 128gb SSD or higher (256gb SSD or higher recommended)
- Wireless abgn
- Webcam and microphone
All official communication will be broadcast through your class listserv (firstname.lastname@example.org). Student-run organizations and other university-sponsored information may be sent via this as well. Members of the faculty and school administration are on this listserv also, so please use professional etiquette. Please do not mark any messages you receive from this address as junk or spam; doing this will block all other messages. This listserv is not for personal business. If you have any questions about what's acceptable usage, please contact the Office of Student Affairs.